Usually, it’s just me and Charlie who eat what I cook. So, when I make a recipe or create a new recipe for 4 or 6 (or more), Charlie and I eat leftovers for days. And days. Many days. Or, if I can, I’ll freeze them for later.
But, recently, I made my Mexican Corn Salad and because I love it, I made a normal recipe and did not cut the amount in half. This is one of those recipes that gets better after 24 hours in the refrigerator (minus the fresh cilantro), so I was looking forward to enjoying it for several days. But then I had an “aha” moment and 3 amazingly simple and delicious ideas for leftover Mexican Corn Salad was born!
We’ll start with the easiest idea first!
Idea #1 – serve on Bruschetta toast as an appetizer
It couldn’t be any easier! And, yum! I had about a quarter of a bag of Boudin Sourdough Crisps leftover from a party and just got them out of the cupboard and spooned it onto the crisps. Yum-o-licious!
Here’s a picture of the Sourdough Crisps I used. No – this is NOT a sponsored post for Boudin! I just loved these Sourdough Crisps and wanted to share!
And, just in case one picture of this delicious treat isn’t enough, here’s another! Feel free to pin any of these pictures to Pinterest!
Idea #2 – make a salad with the leftover Mexican Corn Salad
This couldn’t be easier, too! Just add the Mexican Corn Salad to a bed of field greens. If you require dressing, add a lite vinaigrette-type Italian dressing, or if you prefer a creamier dressing, try it with a jalapeño Ranch dressing. So good!
I couldn’t decide which picture(s) to use, so here are several more! Pin away!
Idea #3 – make a meatball sub sandwich!
This was truly delicious! And while maybe, just maybe, a tad bit more work, it wasn’t all that hard because I used purchased frozen turkey meatballs. I used Farm Rich Turkey Meatballs and cooked them in the microwave. Here’s a tutorial of what I did:
- I got out a baguette. Since it was super-duper long, I cut it in thirds.
- Then I sliced it open.
- Then, using my fingers, I peeled out some of the bread (I’m on a diet!).
- I added a handful of field greens (need to keep it healthy!).
- And, I added a handful of fresh arugula (love that peppery, spicy stuff!).
- On one side of the bread, I added a tablespoon of light mayonnaise.
- On top of that, I added a tablespoon of jalapeño pepper jelly (love that sweet, spicy combo!).
- I then added the meatballs, after cooking them in the microwave.
- Then, spooned on several heaps of Mexican Corn Salad.
- And, finally, I added cheese.
- Zapped just the meatball half in the microwave for a minute and lunch is served!
I actually shared this with Charlie, so he had half and I had half.
Served with a big pile of grapes – the perfect lunch! Those little, itty, bitty grapes in the picture are Champagne Grapes. So sweet and delicious!
What do you do with your leftovers? Please share in the comments!
(other amazingly delicious recipe posts)
- Charlie’s Lite Layered Mexican Casserole
- Chicken and Arugula Open-faced Sandwiches
- Crunchy Tuna Salad
- Garden Vegetable Tuna Casserole
- Grilled Balsamic Chicken Breast Tenders
- Grilled Balsamic Chicken Salad
- Mexican Corn Salad