Technically, I’m probably late with this 42 Back-to-School Supplies list! In my neck of the woods (Southern California), children started back to school this past Wednesday! But, I wanted to go ahead and post this list anyway, because when doing a household inventory, it is easy to overlook things like school supplies.
If you follow my series of household inventory lists, thanks for checking back in! If you are a new reader to this series, welcome! I do household inventory lists of 42 (named for the “4 Two” part of the Toot Sweet 4 Two name of this blog) because I’m working on my own household inventory and I thought I’d share it as I go. I do this because we lost our home in a wildfire in 2007 and it took me 9 months of working nights and weekends to do our household inventory list for our insurance company.
By sharing these lists online, I hope to help others move forward in creating their own household inventory, either pro-actively by creating one now or reactively if doing one for claims purposes. As I write this, I’ve learned that more than 500 homes have been lost in the fire burning near Yosemite National Park in California.
If nothing more, these lists are always available to help people who have suffered a catastrophic loss by jogging their memories. A quick scan of these lists will conjure up an “oh, yea, I had one of those” type response, if needed.
Check out last year’s post about back-to-school, called 5 Little Rules. It has an adorable video of one of my great-nieces sharing what she learned on her first day back-to-school. Plus, last year my sister, Dawn, a former elementary school principal (she’s retired) shared 42 Ways to Help Your Child at School – excellent suggestions for all parents of school-age children.
So, here’s the list of 42 Back-to-School supplies probably laying around your home and/or in your child’s backpack:
- Lunch bags, boxes
- Notebooks, notepads
- Pens, pencil box/pouch
- Pencils, pencil sharpener
- Erasers, pencil top eraser caps
- Glue and glue sticks
- Tape, tape dispenser
- Ruler, protractor
- Paper clips, binder clips
- Crayons, colored pencils
- Markers, highlighters
- Pocket project organizers/folders
- Index cards
- Post-It notes
- 3-ring binder(s)
- 3-hole punched looseleaf paper
- Zipper binder
- Sheet protectors
- Correction tape, white-out
- Dry erase, corkboard, chalkboard
- Dry erase markers, chalk
- Push pins
- Dry erase and chalk erasers
- Dry erase and chalk board cleaner
- Stapler, staples, staple puller
- Flash cards
- Construction paper
- Arts and crafts supplies
- Flash drives and other technology
- Locker kit, shelves, supplies, lock
- Rubber bands, Velcro straps
- Books, book covers, bookmarks
- School uniforms
- Gym clothes
- Gym bag
- Hand sanitizer, hand wipes
- Travel pack tissue
- Keys and keychain
And, here’s your FREE printable checklist to add to your household inventory binder: TS4T Checklist – 42 Back-to-School Supplies.
Hope your family’s first week back-to-school has been fun and eventful for everyone!
(other lists of 42 household inventory items)
NOTE: this list below is not all inclusive. For the complete list of 42 household inventory lists created so far, visit my Archives – By Category section!
- 42 Kitchen Basics for Your New Home
- 42 Grilling Supplies and Accessories for Outdoor Cooking
- 42 Cooking Essentials for a Well-stocked Kitchen
- 42 Baking Essentials
- 42 Pantry Essentials
- 42 Nice-to-Have Kitchen Gadgets
- 42 Cleaning Supplies and Equipment in Your Home
- 42 Things in Your Laundry Room
- 42 Things in Your Living Room, Family Room and/or Great Room
- 42 Storage Solutions for Your Home