If you have followed my journey with The Dailey Method the past couple months you already know that I was thrilled to be a part of this 60 Day Challenge that opened so many doors to my mental and physical health. Through this opportunity I have found ONE hour that is all mine. One hour to make me a better mom, wife, friend, etc…
The 60 Day Challenge to a lifestyle change ran from April 14th-June 14th. I honestly can tell you that this is a really BIG deal that I made it through this. Here are three big reasons why…
- I am so busy with my kids, this blog and trying to keep all the other areas of life from falling to pieces, so a 60 day commitment was risky for this mama!
- I am rarely on time or early to anything. I lost my punctuality skills when I stopped punching a clock in the corporate world and had my babies. I’m hopeful that this skill will one day return.
- I DO NOT like working out, which you can read in my earlier posts The Dailey Method: An Unexpected Love Affair, Mommy Diary Monday: Taking Care of Me and Green Smoothie.
So what was in it for me?
- I got the opportunity to begin to transform my body with The Dailey Method’s unique combination of ballet barre work, core conditioning, muscle strengthening, yoga and orthopedic exercises.
- I now have fitness goals that I am able to work towards and meet in a healthy, challenging and fun atmosphere catered to the pace that best suits me and my personal needs.
- A unique studio experience that challenges me to become leaner and stronger with each class.
- I met some super amazing and inspiring women that motivate and encourage one another and keep you wanting to come back each day.
About 20 classes into the challenge I decided to be brave and try The Dailey Interval class. Sounds scary, huh? It is intense, but it was such a wonderful addition to the usual classes.
“The Dailey Interval class is a fast-paced, 45-minute class that is based on the same alignment and foundation principles as a traditional Dailey Method class. It combines periods of high and low intensity movement for optimal cardiovascular results! This class is designed to supplement your current TDM practice rather than replace it, as the focus is elevating the heart rate and exercising the heart rather than stretching and strengthening.” -Description from The Dailey Method Website
I admit, I did almost pass out twice during the first class, but that just confirmed that I was really workin’ it! When the class was over I felt so accomplished and strong, I felt like I could do anything! And yes, I have been back for more. The next class was just as challenging, but I was armed with my water bottle and my mental prep and it was easier! The Interval class is where you will find me weekly on Wednesday mornings!
Just when I thought The Dailey Method couldn’t possibly offer more of a good thing, they announced a new summer special and Yoga for Kids! Princess P is so excited to try this out.
The 60 Day Challenge with The Dailey Method has come to an end, but that doesn’t mean that my personal challenge is over. I have already signed up as a regular paying client and will continue to go regularly to these life changing classes. I recommend you try it if you have a Dailey Method studio in your area. Unlimited one week for new clients is only $8…you can’t even get lunch for $8 these days!
Great summer specials just started too. You can get “Summer Strong” with The Dailey Method too! Who wants to join me on my journey?
Disclaimer: I am participated in The Dailey Method 60 Day challenge at no charge in exchange for writing blog posts about my experience. As always, all opinions and experiences in this post are my own.