And Then… charmed me from the outside cover on! This collection of “story starters” sparked my imagination – me – a 50+ something writer! So imagine what a child could do with this book! Written by M. H. Clark with charming illustrations by Alexandra Ball, this hardcover, nearly indestructible book is a “must have” on your Christmas shopping list for the child in your life.
The inside cover jacket of And Then… says it all – the stories created from the story starters can be short, long, fantasy, real life – whatever your child or grandchild decides. Can you imagine the fun you will have creating a story with the child in your life?
Each story starter card is 7 1/2″ wide by 9″ tall and made of thick cardboard. Easy to hold, even by our little folk, you can spread them out like a deck of cards and then instruct your little person to “choose one”. Or…
You can turn them over and pick one that strikes your fancy! Either way, fun is on the way as your child takes the story and embellishes it to make it their own. How fun would it be to video or audio record these story development sessions for posterity? Or, if your child is older, have them write “their” story using these story starters. However you decide to use them, there are endless possibilities with And Then…Story Starters:
- you finish the story
- your child finish the story
- you and your child finish the story together
- you and your children (more than one child) finish the story
- a group of children finish the story together (classroom setting or in a library group or have a party and make story-telling the theme!)
This is not a “sponsored post.” I was not compensated to write this review, nor did I receive this book as compensation for writing this review. Actually, I purchased this book at the small retail store at Bates Nut Farm in Valley Center, California. I thought the book so charming, I had to have it to add to my children’s book collection. I have a guest room in our home just for visiting nieces and nephews and I keep it stocked with fun things for them to do – mostly books. They go right over to the bookshelf, pick out several books and then climb on the bed to entertain themselves. So, I wanted this book for them…
I love opening a new book and seeing what unfolds! Don’t you?
Affiliate Disclosure: This book is available through Amazon and we are Amazon affiliates. If you purchase this book by accessing Amazon from our site, either through our Shop Toot Sweet area on our menu bar or through the Amazon advertisement running on our sidebar, we will receive a small commission. This does not cost you anything more nor increases the price for you. These commissions help to keep the rest of our content free, so we thank you very much!
(other book review)
- 3 Cheap and Easy Ideas for Better Food Photography
- Hero Worship
- What Charlie Read in June 2013
- What Charlie Read in July 2013
- What Charlie Read in August 2013
- What Charlie Read in September 2013
- What Charlie Read in October 2013
(other stories from Bates Nut Farm)
- Blue Pumpkins
- Call of the Whinny: Yet Another Story From the Farm
- In Search of The Great Pumpkin
- Nuts at the Nut Farm
- Pony Rides, Playtime and Pumpkins
- Princess P Picks a Pumpkin
- Princess Sweetie Pie Picks a Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Fever
- Pumpkin Season
- Scarecrows, Sunflowers and Face-Painting: Another Story from the Farm
- Straw Maze and Lazy Daze