Mac & Cheese, who doesn’t love it? It’s warm, filling, cheesy and full of flavor to fill any belly. Most commonly when I think of Mac & Cheese, I think of the little blue box which requires boiling noodles, adding a packet of dried cheese and a few other ingredients and ta-da…a very quick and yummy meal for almost anyone. While I still love the good ol’ blue box of Mac & Cheese, now and then a home-made version with a little something extra on top is just too good to not cook up on a cool fall evening.
So here it is…Baked Mac & Cheese with a Crunchy Sourdough Topping.
- Over low heat, add 1 cup of milk, 1 stick of butter and cubed Velveeta cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted.
- Add cooked noodles to cheese sauce and mix well. Pour into an 8×8-inch glass baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, coat torn bread with melted butter.
- Sprinkle bread mixture on top of noodles. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until bread is golden and crunchy.
- Serve as a side dish or spoon a larger portion for a main dish!
Here’s the Recipe:
- 2 cups elbow macaroni noodles
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- ½ loaf sourdough bread, torn into chunks
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 cup milk
- Boil macaroni, drain and rinse.
- Over low heat add milk, one stick of butter and cubed Velveeta cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted and smooth.
- Add macaroni and mix well.
- Pour into 8x8 glass baking dish.
- In a separate dish melt the second stick of butter, add sourdough chunks to coat.
- Sprinkle bread on top of Mac & Cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until bread is golden and crunchy.
This recipe is featured on All Free Casserole Recipes’ site! Check it out: Baked Mac & Cheese with a Crunchy Sourdough Topping.