Grilled cheese is a favorite among American’s. There’s just something to be said for a melty, toasty, burst of flavor that seems to suit any meal. Not only are the possibilities endless, these sandwiches are quick and almost always a hit.
I threw together this sandwich a few years ago when Chris and I were having a lazy weekend day at home. We didn’t feel like going out and didn’t really want to “cook”. For some reason when I make grilled cheese of any sort I hardly consider it cooking. This sandwich was a hit several years ago and it was once again just as delicious as I remember.
- Everything you will need to make this delicacy.
- First, spread butter on the slices of sourdough bread.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese in heated pan.
- Place one slice of bread in the pan and top with turkey, cheddar, onion, crunchy onions and BBQ sauce.
- Top with second slice of bread and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Grilled to perfection!
Here’s the recipe:
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 2 cups shredded and/or sliced mild cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces turkey breast slices
- ½ purple onion, sliced
- ½ cup crunchy onions
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Sprinkle pre-heated skillet with 1-2 tablespoons shredded cheese.
- Place one slice of bread on top of cheese with the buttered side down.
- Layer cheddar cheese slices, turkey slices, onion slices on bread.
- Lightly squeeze BBQ sauce on top of cheese, turkey and onion.
- Sprinkle crunchy onions on top of sauce.
- Place second slice of bread on top with buttered side facing up.
- Sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons shredded cheese.
- Let sandwich grill for 3-5 minutes over medium heat until golden.
- Flip and grill additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is a crispy golden color.
(other sandwich recipes)
- Avocado Nut Sandwiches
- Chicken and Arugula Open-faced Sandwiches
- Crunchy Tuna Salad
- Grilled Balsamic Chicken Salad
- Stacked Reuben Sandwiches
- The Best BLT Sandwiches
- Traditional Chicken Salad with Currants and Walnuts
- Turkey Sandwich