So, did you bake all those 42 pumpkins you had leftover from Halloween? Do you have a stash of pumpkin puree in your freezer? Beefy Pumpkin Noodle Bake is a delicious way to use leftover pumpkin, but if you don’t have leftover pumpkin, you can still make this comforting, fall casserole – just use canned pumpkin puree instead!
Finally, it seems like fall here in Southern California. After a brutally hot summer that continued through October and the early parts of November, today is a cool, brisk day. And, the added benefit to this brisk day is that it’s also a beautiful, cloudless, blue-sky day. So, I’m not complaining.
Plus, a day like today makes me want to make a comforting beefy casserole chock full of hearty vegetables. The pumpkin not only adds a nutritional boost, but it sends this casserole over the top with a luscious flavor boost. Covered in cheese, Beefy Pumpkin Noodle Bake is a satisfying dinner that your family will love – sure to become a family favorite.
Pin this collage to your Pinterest board for easy reference so that when you have leftover pumpkin puree from your pumpkin roasting escapades, this recipe for Beefy Pumpkin Noodle Bake will be easily accessible. Thanks for sharing!
Here’s the recipe for Beefy Pumpkin Noodle Bake:
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 - 12 ounce package extra wide egg noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups of fresh pumpkin puree OR 1 - 15 ounce can of 100% pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 - 15 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter and set aside.
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add egg noodles and cook per package instructions (about 7 to 9 minutes).
- Once noodles are done, drain and add them back to the pot; add 2 tablespoons butter to noodles and toss to coat.
- Add buttered noodles to prepared baking dish spreading evenly in baking dish.
- In the meantime, add ground beef to a large skillet and turn heat to medium.
- Cook ground beef, breaking up with a spoon and saute' until just starting to turn brown.
- Add onions, peppers, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
- Continue cooking ground beef and vegetables mixture until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are tender (about 8 to 10 minutes).
- Add pumpkin, tomatoes (including juice from can), and corn; stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to simmer and continue cooking until noodles are done, drained and layered in the baking dish.
- Add beef mixture over noodles in baking dish, spreading evenly.
- Top casserole with shredded cheese.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Need more pumpkin recipes for your leftover pumpkin puree? Check out these recipes:
Creamy Pumpkin Soup