Have you ever had one of those days where something sounds really good but you aren’t sure how to turn it into a meal? That’s exactly what happened when I came up with Broccoli, Ham and Cheese Quesadillas. And who doesn’t love quesadillas?
I was thinking about what I had in the fridge, what I could come up with for a dinner that my whole family would like. The same ol’ stuff gets so boring. The idea of broccoli, ham and cheese was sounding really yummy to me for some reason. I knew I could throw together a casserole, but hmmmmm there had to be something else.
So, I made Broccoli, Ham and Cheese Quesadillas. Fast, easy and delicious, even if it sounds “interesting”.
Just to be on the safe side, and since I had all the ingredients out anyway, I also made a casserole and grilled cheese with broccoli, ham and cheese. We have a casserole to freeze and a couple recipes for you to look forward to in future posts.
So here is the easy and fast recipe for Broccoli, Ham and Cheese Quesadillas:
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped broccoli, cooked
- 1 cup cubed or sliced ham
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat a skillet over medium heat,
- sprinkle a tablespoon of cheese in the pan,
- butter one side of the tortilla.
- Place the tortilla in the pan, over the cheese, butter side down.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup cheese onto the tortilla.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of each, broccoli and ham over the cheese.
- Fold tortilla over.
- Allow the quesadilla to cook for a minute or two then flip to the other side.
- Let the cheese melt and the other side get golden and crisp.
- Repeat for each tortilla.
- Serve and enjoy!
(other tortilla recipes)
- Bacon Jalapeno Chutney Quesadillas
- Charlie’s Layered Mexican Casserole
- Charlie’s Lite Layered Mexican Casserole
- Pink Fairy Turkey Roll-ups
- Shrimp Soft Tacos
- Spinach Tortillas