Are you a fan of classic, spicy, red-hot Buffalo Chicken Wings? Then you’ll love Missy’s Buffalo Chicken Wings Dip! It has all the spicy chicken flavor you’ve come to love with the added bonus of cheesy goodness wrapped up as a dip. And because it’s a dip, it has none of the messy steps involved when making classic Buffalo Chicken Wings!
Fair warning: this dip is not for the faint of heart! If you have a low tolerance for hot sauce, lower the amount used in this recipe (it calls for a half cup). But, its spicy flavor is what truly makes this dip reminiscent of classic Buffalo Chicken Wings. Serve with crackers, fresh celery and carrot sticks, this dip will disappear at your next Game Day Party!
I bet you are wondering who Missy is! She’s my sister-in-law and lives in New York (of course, with my brother and their kids!). I went to visit them in August and this past month have been sharing my New York family and adventures on this blog. If you’ve missed some of those posts, here are links:
- New York State of Mind
- Missy’s Two Tomato Salad
- Chautauqua Institution: Embracing Heritage, Culture and History
- Erin’s Iced Sugar Cookie Cutouts
- The Virtuoso
- Bizzy’s Mini Chocolate Cupcakes with Erin’s Mocha Toffee Frosting
- Genesee Country Village: Where the Past Comes Alive
- Missy’s Fresh Spinach and Tortellini Salad
Can you believe it – we ran out of time and I had to fly home! Imagine that; so busy on a vacation that suddenly it’s over! So, we didn’t make this Buffalo Chicken Wings Dip during my time with them in New York. Instead, Missy gave me several of her family’s favorite recipes to make once I got home and share with readers. I made this the other day but because Charlie and I aren’t having a party this week, we’ve been eating Buffalo Chicken Wings Dip for the last several days!
The upside of making the entire recipe for just the two of us is that every time we eat some of it, I think of my New York family and the wonderful times we shared! And, of course, it makes me miss them…
Since I didn’t make Buffalo Chicken Wings Dip along side Missy, I’m not sure I made it the way she makes it! But, Missy, I gave it the good ole’ college try!
I bought this white buffalo for Charlie many years ago (maybe 10?) on my first visit to see them without Charlie. I bought it in the airport and Charlie keeps it in his office. Somehow, this white buffalo was one of the items the firefighters rescued when our house burned to the ground in 2007 (see Any Way the Wind Blows). I like to think he’s a “good luck” charm watching over us and our new house. In this case, he’s eyeing the delicious pile of goodness, Buffalo Chicken Wings Dip with crackers, celery and carrots!
Anyway, here’s the recipe:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 10 frozen, breaded chicken tenders, cooked per package instructions
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup Frank's hot sauce
- 5 ounces (or more) of jarred or bottled bleu cheese dressing
- 1 cup shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese
- Crackers (for serving; I used butter crackers)
- Carrot sticks (for serving)
- Celery sticks (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread softened cream cheese in the bottom of a small over-proof casserole dish, such as a pie plate, 8" x 8" glass baking pan, etc.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine butter, hot sauce and bleu cheese dressing.
- Cut cooked chicken tenders into bite-size pieces and place in mixing bowl.
- Pour prepared sauce over chicken tenders and stir to combine.
- Pour over cream cheese in baking dish.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until mixture is heated through and bubbly.
- Serve with crackers, celery and carrot sticks.
(other appetizer recipes)
- Bacon Jalapeno Chutney Bites
- Bacon Jalapeno Chutney Cream Cheese Balls
- Bruschetta Lentil Dip
- Candied Black Pepper Pecans
- Caprese Salad Roll-ups
- Chicken Pesto Parmesan Pinwheels
- Cranberry Pecan Crunch
- Dorothy’s Stuffed Mushrooms
- Easy Caprese Skewers
- Easy 5-Minute Homemade Salsa
- Easy Luau Bites
- Easy Olive, Cheese and Summer Sausage Skewers
- Golden Leprechaun Bites
- Hot Mexican Corn Dip
- Kale Chips with Roasted Garlic and Sea Salt
- Lady Dip
- Linda’s Cheese Ball
- Lite Cheesy Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Lorraine’s Hot Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Sweet and Spicy Leprechaun Cheese Spread
- Velvety Mushroom Crab Dip