Who doesn’t like dip? Especially when one of the main ingredients is 2 cups of mayonnaise! Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Dip combines two different favorite vegetable dip recipes into one glorious concoction of ooey, gooey, drippy deliciousness.
Seriously – look at the photo above; doesn’t that spoonful of cheesy goodness just make you want to slather that dip on more than a slice of bread or a cracker? I love Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Dip so much that I’ve thought about potential uses for this recipe other than dip. How about Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Lasagna or Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms? Both sound decadently delicious to me!
My favorite way to eat Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Dip is on a fresh French baguette slice. I don’t do anything special to the bread; I don’t even toast or grill it. I just like a mound of Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Dip piled high on the sliced bread – the perfect two bites.
Here’s my basket of baguette slices – I love this little wire basket with the rustic wooden handles. Lined in a rustic linen-like fabric, it’s the perfect basket for slices of unbuttered bread. But, if plain bread isn’t your thing, Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Dip is great with pita chips, crackers or, if you must, vegetable sticks.
Here’s a collage just for Pinterest. Pin it to your Pinterest board for future reference!
Okay, time for a confession: 20+ years ago, I got this recipe from a friend. Charlie and I decided to have a New Year’s Eve party and I thought this was an easy and perfect dip to serve our guests. However, I made the mistake of adding grated Parmesan cheese from that shaker can you buy in the store and OMG, can I tell you how awful this dip was? Trust me, there was a lot left over. So, please, please, please don’t use the grated cheese that is on the grocery shelves. Use shredded Parmesan that you buy in the refrigerated cheese section or your deli, or buy a block of Parmesan cheese and shred it yourself!
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 - 16 ounce package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry of excess moisture
- 2 - 14 ounce cans of water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Gruyere cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine spinach, artichokes, garlic, mayonnaise, ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese and ½ cup grated Gruyere cheese, mixing together until well blended.
- Spread mixture into a baking dish (9-inch round or 8-inch x 8-inch square).
- Top with remaining ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese and ½ cup grated Gruyere cheese and bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes (dip should be bubbly and lightly golden brown).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool a few minutes.
- Serve with fresh French baguette slices, pita chips or crackers.
Oh, and here are a few more dip recipes you might enjoy: