Chicken Pesto Parmesan Pinwheels are quick and easy. They are great as an appetizer or a meal if you add a soup, salad and/or veggie!
Last weekend for Super Bowl I wanted to make a little something to bring to our friends house, but I really didn’t want to have to rush to the store that would surely be a madhouse before the game!
I looked in my fridge and pantry and came up with these amazing little Chicken Pesto Parmesan Pinwheels!
I was lucky to have a little helper too!
Princess Sweetie Pie is the best little helper!
Here is the recipe:
- 1 Can of Seamless Crescent Dough
- 1 can of chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons pesto
- ½ cup cream cheese
- pinch of salt and pepper
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- Drain the water from the can of chicken
- Flake the chicken with a fork
- Add pesto, salt and pepper, cream cheese and ¾ of the Parmesan cheese
- Mix together until mixture is smooth
- Spread the crescent dough on a cookie sheet
- Spread the chicken mixture on the crescent dough
- Roll the dough with chicken
- Slice into one inch slices
- Place the "pinwheels" on the cookie sheet
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the top
- Sprinkle with garlic salt and remaining Parmesan cheese
- Bake at 325 for 20 minutes or until golden