Since it’s October 1st, I thought I’d post something chocolate to start the Halloween season. Debra’s Rocky Road Candy is just the kind of chocolaty treat that one would expect as a Halloween treat or Christmas treat or, really, an anytime treat.
If you are a regular reader of my blog, you’ll know that I’ve been “off the air” for about 5 months and am just now getting back to blogging again. So, I have a confession to make: wait for it, wait for it…
Debra made her Rocky Road Candy for me in February! Yes, that’s right…I had a bunch of girlfriends over in February for a cooking and photographing session and Debra said she would make dessert. This is Debra, in my kitchen making Debra’s Rocky Road Candy in February…
Did I tell you this is a “no-bake” sweet treat? And, that it only has 6 ingredients? And, it’s foolproof? And it only takes minutes to prepare? Well, you do have to refrigerate it for 2 hours before you slice it and eat it, so we made it first.
These are really large pieces, about 2 1/2-inch squares. You make Debra’s Rocky Road Candy in a 9″ x 13″ baking pan, so it makes plenty. It’s rich and decadent, so cutting it into smaller pieces is probably a good idea, but we cut it into 20 squares because we are piggies like that! I’m going to say on the recipe that it serves 24, so if one piece isn’t enough, you can always have two!
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 - 12 ounce package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 - 12 ounce package of butterscotch chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 - 10½ ounce package of mini marshmallows
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Use the butter to butter a 9" x 13" inch pan.
- Combine chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and peanut butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Microwave at 65% power for 3½ to 4½ minutes.
- Remove from microwave and stir until melted.
- Fold in marshmallows and peanuts.
- Spread into buttered pan and refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
- Remove from refrigerator and slice into 20 to 24 squares.
Here are pictures of the rest of the menu from that party (plus links to the posts), just in case you’d like super easy delicious recipes that can be made in minutes:
And, here are other dessert recipes with chocolate:
Salted Caramel Candy Corn Pretzel Crack (white chocolate)
Ghosts in the Clouds (okay, okay – no chocolate, but they sure are cute!)