Easy Caprese Skewers are so simple and refreshingly delicious! Made with string cheese and cherry or grape tomatoes, you might even be able to get your child to try them!
Princess Sweetie Pie calls cherry/grape tomatoes “berries”, so we just ask her if she would like “berries” with her cheese and she usually says yes (we don’t give her the toothpick, though! We give her the cheese chunks and tomatoes on a plate or in her two little hands.).
One of the best parts of making this easy appetizer for a party is that they can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to use. I made these the night before for my Easy Appetizer Party for a Crowd and they were still fresh and delicious at party time.
Other appetizer recipes for a crowd that you might like are:
- Hot Apple Cider with Mulling Spices
- Easy Olive, Cheese and Summer Sausage Skewers
- Hot Mexican Corn Dip
Here’s the recipe:
- 12 red grape or cherry tomatoes
- 12 yellow cherry tomatoes
- 6 to 12 fresh basil leaves (depending on the size of the leaf)
- 4 sticks of string (mozzarella) cheese, cut into a total of 24 pieces
- ½ cup Newman's Own Lite Balsamic Dressing
- Place a cherry tomato on a toothpick.
- Add basil leaf (or half a basil leaf; or if basil leaf is large, fold it over and use the whole basil leaf).
- Add a chunk of mozzarella cheese.
- Stand skewers up and balance by making sure cheese is stabilizing the toothpick.
- Repeat until you have made 24 skewers.
- Place all skewers upright in a shallow dish.
- Drizzle with salad dressing.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Once ready to serve, remove from refrigerator and transfer to serving platter.