Have you ever been to a restaurant or a taco shop and the salsa is so good you want to make it at home? Well, look no further! One of my amazing mom’s, Patti, perfected an easy homemade salsa that is just as good, if not better as many of these places you have to go out to get!
This easy homemade salsa recipe only takes about 10 minutes to make and it’s full of flavor and ready to serve right away. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother buying salsa at the grocery store, I should be making this easy homemade salsa and putting it in some mason jars to always have on hand.
There are so many things you can do with a good salsa. Charlie’s Layered Mexican Casserole is one of our most popular recipes, I think I’ll be making that tonight to see if it’s possible for it to taste any better with the easy homemade salsa!
I better make sure I leave enough for the Blog-o-versary party that we are having tomorrow to celebrate one year of Toot Sweet 4 Two!
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 28 ounce can of whole tomatoes
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced (whites only; save green tops for another dish)
- 1 large hand full of cilantro, chopped
- 2 large or 4 small hot peppers, finely diced (remove seeds if you want less heat)
- ½ lemon or 1 lime, squeezed
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Garlic Salt, to taste
- Place ½ of all ingredients in a mini chopper; pulse 2 to 3 times.
- Pour in bowl and repeat with second half.
What is your favorite kind of salsa? Hot, medium, mild…chunky, blended? What recipes do you use salsa in or with?
(recipes that call for salsa or are great served with salsa)
- Charlie’s Layered Mexican Casserole
- Taco Salad
- Hot Mexican Corn Dip
- Irish Rainbow Country Potatoes
- Shrimp Soft Tacos