Timeless Easy Quiche Lorraine is a classic, timeless quiche Lorraine recipe made easy with the use of a pre-made pie crust.
Several months ago, I invited a couple of girlfriends over to “teach me to cook.” I asked them to teach me a couple of their favorite recipes, while I photograph them. Then, I’d share their recipes on this blog. I love having “teach me to cook” days, because I get to spend time with friends AND I learn something new and try something different.
Anyway, in anticipation of our get-together, I made a couple of things ahead of time for our brunch. One of my girlfriends’ name is Lorraine, so I decided to make this Easy Quiche Lorraine in her honor!
Easy Quiche Lorraine is one of my favorite, make-ahead breakfast or brunch dishes – especially when having guests. Quiche, in general, is one of my favorites and I’ve posted a few quiche recipes already on this blog:
And, seriously, how can you go wrong when there’s bacon and Gruyere cheese involved! Each savory bite melts in your mouth – the luscious, creamy, cheesy goodness balanced with the salty bits of bacon, the slight spicy note from the chives and a “hmmm, what’s that I taste?” lingering on your tongue from the smidgen of nutmeg.
Doesn’t my Easy Quiche Lorraine look delicious on this pretty beaded plate? Are you wondering what else we ate that day between their recipes and the rest of the stuff I made for them? Well, wonder no more! Check out these posts for the rest of the menu:
- Lorraine’s Hot Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Cheesy Mushroom Quiche (yes, I made 2 quiches that day!)
- Creamy Petite Pea Salad with Bacon and Cashews
- Mexican Corn Salad
- Butterscotch Squares ala Chris
I made them wait, though, while I photographed everything for the blog! And, it took forever because I kept changing the backdrops on all these different dishes. It was torture because we were all so hungry!
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 - 9-inch frozen pre-made pie crust
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, grated
- 3 eggs
- 1¼ cups evaporated milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon chives, snipped into little bits (reserve 2 strands to make the "X" on top of the quiche)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place frozen pie crust on a baking pan (to avoid drips in your oven).
- Add cooked bacon to the bottom, then cover with grated Gruyere cheese.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Pour over cheese in pie crust.
- Sprinkle with chives.
- Bake in preheated oven a total of 30 minutes.
- Check at the 20 minute mark and if pie crust starts to brown more than you want it to brown, cover with a pie shield (see NOTE).
- When checking your pie crust at the 20 minute mark, add your chive "X" to the top of the quiche.
- Return to oven to finish baking.
- When golden brown and toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean, remove from oven.
- Allow to stand 10 minutes before slicing and serving.