Surprise! Another salad!! We love salads at Toot Sweet 4 Two and as the weather warms up I find myself craving them more and more. This Fresh Mozzarella and Arugula Salad with Avocado is perfect for a warm summer day lunch, a BBQ side dish or even a little snack size salad to get you through the afternoon.
I threw this amazing salad together the other day for lunch. A friend of mine had mentioned making a cucumber, tomato and avocado salad with dinner. She said “That’s it! Throw a little dressing on it, the kids LOVE it!”
I had to take it to the next level. Those three ingredients sounded amazing and I will try that out sometime too, but being a lover of arugula, I had to add the spicy, flavorful greens to the mix.
This was so good! Let me tell you…….crunchy, cold, flavorful and filling! I think I’ll even add healthy into the description, because it does include five different veggies and a little protein and fat from the mozzarella.
So here it is, the super easy and super yummy recipe for the Fresh Mozzarella and Arugula Salad with Avocado…
Here’s the recipe:
- ½ cup Fresh Mozzarella chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 package of Arugula
- ½ English Cucumber, sliced into moon shapes
- ¼ cup chopped Green Onion
- 2 Avocados, cut into chunks
- 1 cup of Grape Tomatoes, sliced in halves
- Balsamic Vinaigrette (use desired amount)
- Chop mozzarella, cucumber, green onions, tomatoes and avocado.
- Place arugula on plates.
- Top with the mozzarella and veggie mixture.
- Drizzle balsamic vinaigrette over the top and serve!