Do you like easy? I like easy. And, these Golden Leprechaun Bites couldn’t be any easier. Just three ingredients and if you don’t want to, you don’t even need to mix it together!
Do you eat your way through Costco? I try not to. I try not to because I’m always on a diet, plus if I taste everything that they set out in their tasting booths, I’d probably buy it. This time I tasted one thing and guess what happened?
I bought it.
But, I’m a now true convert, so it was a very happy purchase. The woman demonstrating at the tasting booth handed me a butter cracker with cream cheese smeared on it and a dollop of Roasted Pineapple Habanero Sauce made by Robert Rothschild Farm. Delicious!
Sweet and slightly spicy with just the tiniest bit of heat, I knew I’d found my next “go-to” ingredient. My mind starting wheeling with the possibilities:
- coleslaw dressing
- ice cream (I’m not kidding!)
By the way, this not a sponsored post. I just like this product and I wanted to share!
I’m having a little blogging group get-together tomorrow and I’ve decorated the table for St. Patrick’s Day, since it’s St. Patrick’s Day weekend. So, I decided that this quick and easy recipe will be one of the featured appetizers.
I’m calling these Golden Leprechaun Bites because you serve them on butter crackers (I used Ritz brand) and the Roasted Pineapple Habanero Sauce is golden in color. I added the word “leprechaun” to the name because those sneaky leprechauns over at Robert Rothschild Farm put just enough spice in this yummy sauce to give it a kick. I can picture those pesky leprechauns jumping in the air and clicking their heels together in glee!
Here’s a close-up of the Roasted Pineapple Habanero Sauce in a little bowl. Just a dollop in case a guest wants more…
Here’s the rest of the jar in my refrigerator so that you can see what it looks like. The bottle says they are located in Urbana, Ohio…just a leprechaun hop, skip and a jump from my home in San Diego County!
Here’s one more picture of this deliciousness…
And, here’s one of the
pesky cute leprechauns jumping for joy!
Here’s the oh, so easy recipe:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup Roasted Pineapple Habanero Sauce by Robert Rothschild Farm (could probably substitute apricot jam mixed with a chopped, seeded fresh jalapeno)
- 2 sleeves of butter crackers, for serving (Ritz brand)
- Mix cream cheese with sauce and place in small bowl.
- Serve with butter crackers.
- No time to mix? Place block of cream cheese on serving plate, pour sauce over and include a butter knife for spreading!
(other Irish-inspired recipes)
- An Irish Lunch: Courgettes with Grape Tomato Salad and Cottage Cheese
- Irish Rainbow Country Potatoes
- Leprechaun Bagels
- Recipe Chatter: Pot o’ Gold Corn Casserole
- Stacked Reuben Sandwich
- Sweet and Spicy Leprechaun Cheese Spread
- The Leprechaun Cake Wreck Caper