Introducing my Green Goddess Casserole!
This casserole was a very unexpected dinner that I threw together for the first time simply by thinking of making one recipe only to find that I only have two of the ingredients! Result: another version that did not disappoint.
This amazing Green Goddess Casserole was even loved by my Princesses P (two nights in a row! Yay leftovers!!) so you know it’s a good one!
Noodles, ground chicken (or turkey), turkey kielbasa, broccoli, spinach, zucchini, cheese…YUM! This is a recipe you will want to try!
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 1 cup turkey kielbasa, cubed
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- ½ cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup cooked broccoli
- 1 jar of Sun Dried Tomato Alfredo Sauce
- 1 cup dried tri-color rotini pasta
- ¾ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack or Mozzarella cheese
- Bring pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package instructions and drain.
- Coat pan with about two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Over medium-high heat brown ground chicken and fresh chopped onion.
- Add dried onion flakes and garlic.
- Add cubed kielbasa.
- Saute for several minutes until meat is cooked thoroughly and kielbasa is browned.
- Stir in broccoli, spinach and zucchini.
- Place cooked pasta in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Add meat and vegetable mixture.
- Pour Sun Dried Tomato Alfredo sauce over the top and mix together.
- Sprinkle half of the Parmesan cheese and mix in.
- Bake at 325 for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with Mozzarella or Monterrey Jack cheese and place in oven for an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted.