Doesn’t Mickey’s Garlic Parmesan Cheese Bread look delicious? Served hot from the oven, each slice of bread oozes with buttery, cheesy goodness. Made with Ciabatta bread slathered with butter, sprinkled with garlic salt (yes, I said garlic salt) and topped with shredded Parmesan, each bite is oh so satisfying!
Mickey’s Garlic Parmesan Cheese Bread is part of the Teach Me to Cook series I having running on this blog. As with most home cooks, I’ve learned to cook from others: helping my mom and dad in the kitchen while I was growing up, Home Ec classes in junior high, other family and friends sharing their favorite recipes and even watching favorite chefs on TV. And, I love inviting my girlfriends over and having them show me their techniques and share their favorite recipes.
Recently, I had several girlfriends over for brunch. Two of them, Mickey and Debra, insisted that they would make brunch for everyone and they also brought all the fixings. Stay tuned for more recipes from our get-together.
Mickey is a girlfriend I’ve know for too many years to count. We met at work through mutual acquaintances, clicked and have been friends ever since. Here’s a picture:
Mickey made her Garlic Parmesan Cheese Bread from Ciabatta. She sliced it in half lengthwise and then each half into eights. So, with this loaf of Ciabatta, she was able to make 16 slices. She likes to use spreadable butter, softened to room temperature, which she slathered generously on each slice. Then she sprinkled each slice with garlic salt and popped them under the broiler for a few minutes.
Once they were slightly toasted, she took them out of the broiler, topped each slice with shredded Parmesan-Romano cheese and placed them under the broiler again for a few more minutes, until the cheese was melted and the edges browned. Delicious!
We had eight of us for brunch that day, so Mickey made a loaf and a half. And, there was none left (probably should have made two full loaves!). Nothing better than a pretty basket filled with Mickey’s Garlic Parmesan Cheese Bread to round out a meal.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 - 14 ounce Ciabatta loaf, cut in half lengthwise, then each half cut into eights (16 pieces total)
- 8 ounce carton of spreadable butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan-Romano cheese
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Generously spread slices of bread with softened butter and place on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Place under broiler and broil for 2 to 3 minutes until butter is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle each slice with shredded Parmesan-Romano cheese.
- Place back under broiler and broil for 2 to 3 more minutes until cheese is melted and edges of bread are golden brown.
- Serve hot.
More posts from the Teach Me to Cook series…