Sometimes in our toot sweet lives, we just don’t have time to make things from scratch. I was making food for our Fairy Festival picnic a few weekends ago and was quickly running out of time! But, I still needed “fairy cakes” for my sweet little Princess P, Princess Sweetie Pie and their friends. Thankfully, I had a box of Tastefully Simple’s Cinnamon Muffin Melt Mix in the cupboard and Mini Cinnamon Muffin Melts, rechristened “fairy cakes”, were done in a snap!
Tastefully Simple products are sold via in-home parties and I’ve been to a few over the years. I like their products (this is not a paid endorsement; just my opinion) and find them particularly handy when you are in a hurry. For this treat, in addition to the box of mix, all you need is water and butter. How easy is that! Two ingredients that I always have on hand!
Isn’t that a “pin-worthy” picture above? I’m so proud, especially since for many of the following pictures, I was holding the camera with my right hand and trying to do the mixing, etc. with my left hand! The curse of the recipe blogger – need 4 hands when you only have two! Feel free to “pin” any of our pictures to your Pinterest boards. At the end of each post is a Pinterest icon button – if you click on it, multiple choices will appear for your pinning pleasure!
Anyway, you spray your mini-muffin pan with cooking spray. I used my Misto! You can read about my Misto here: Magical Mystery Misto.
Then, you just add water to the mix and stir by hand.
I used a small scoop, the 1 tablespoon size, to measure the muffin mix evenly into the mini-muffin pan.
The mixture easily filled two pans and once these were baked and cooled, I was able to bake another dozen! The mix says it will make 30 mini-muffins, but I was able to make 36!
You bake them for about 10 minutes and once they are completely cooled, remove them from the muffin pan. I used a very small sugar/dessert spoon to lift them from the pan and it worked like a charm. Not one muffin stuck to the pan or was lost because it was mangled!
Then you set-up your “sanding” station. Use pretty mini-muffin papers, so get those out and get them ready. Melt a stick of butter in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave and open the cinnamon-sugar included with the mix and pour it into another bowl.
Turning each muffin over, dunk the muffin top first in the butter and then in the cinnamon-sugar. Turn over and carefully place the muffin in the pretty muffin paper.
Repeat until all are done. If you aren’t going to eat them immediately, place them in a storage container and cover tightly; they will keep for several days. Plus they were easy to transport to the Fairy Festival!
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 box of Tastefully Simple's Cinnamon Muffin Melt Mix
- 1 cup of water
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray 3 12-cup mini-muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine muffin mix package with water in a large bowl and stir by hand until well blended.
- Divide batter evenly among greased mini-muffin tins by using a 1 tablespoon scoop.
- Bake for 10 to 11 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Carefully remove from pan onto plate (I used a small spoon).
- In the meantime, melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave.
- Place contents of cinnamon-sugar packet into another bowl.
- Dunk the top of each mini-muffin into the butter and then into the cinnamon-sugar.
- Place each mini-muffin in a pretty muffin paper to serve.
Have you used mixes when you were in a hurry and had great success? Share your favorites in the comments section; we’d love to hear about it!
P.S. I’ll be posting many more posts, including more recipes, over the next several weeks about our adventure at the Fairy Festival! So, stay tuned.
(other Dessert posts)
- A Box of Yellow Cake Mix: 5 Cookie Bar Recipes You’ll Love
- Cake Batter 50/50 Bars
- Cake Batter Chess Bars
- Cake Batter Fudge Bars
- Cake Batter Oatmeal Walnut Bars
- Cake Batter Triple-Chocolate Caramel Bars
- Chocolate-covered Strawberries
- Christmas Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Crazy Chocolate Cake
- Fresh Strawberry Pie
- Magical Mystery Misto
- Peach Pineapple Dump Cake
- Strawberry Cake
- The Leprechaun Cake Wreck Caper