Happy Mommy Diary Monday!
Have you ever felt like you are playing ping pong with sick kids? Some of you might wondering what the heck I’m talking about, certainly you don’t play ping pong when your kids are sick!
Well, in motherhood I am learning quite quickly that when you have a child at school or in daycare, or you have more than one child, sickness just keeps going back and forth from one sibling to the next. This is what I consider playing Ping Pong with sick kids.
This is very difficult on Mommy for the following reasons:
- Heartbreak: Seeing your kids sick and not being able to do anything is awful.
- Sleep: you don’t get much of it.
- Work: you can’t get any done.
- Laundry: as if laundry isn’t already a chore, there is three times as much during sickness.
- Germs: they are most likely going to get Mommy eventually too.
We are now entering week four of having at least one sick princess. Ear infections, sinus infections, bronchitis, asthma, etc…
This has been a bad streak around here. Princess Sweetie Pie is finally well and back playing happily at preschool after missing a week. Princess P is now down and out and at home with me today. My fingers are crossed that this will pass fast, my babies have suffered too long!
What do you do when your kiddos are sick to make them comfortable and to get through it?