The last 9 days of Kindergarten, I can’t believe how fast it has gone. It seems so recent that we were getting Princess P a back to school hair cut and shopping for new school shoes! I had just written my post, A New Beginning, about the first day of school. How is it already almost over??
I’ve always been told that each year with kids the time seems to pass faster. So true! It’s been a whirlwind, but so much fun to have this experience with Princess P.
I’ve really enjoyed getting to know the other kiddos in her class when I volunteer on Fridays. I’ve made some amazing new friends with the parents of these cutie pies too! You can read Make New Friends to find out about how lucky I am!
The last 9 days of Kindergarten are upon us and I have the bittersweet feeling of excitement and sadness. I am so excited to have some summer fun with my girls, yet sad because I feel this is the end of an era for Princess P; she is officially graduating into being a “big girl”. I will embrace the memories of these past years with my “little girl”, but I can already see her starting to spread her wings as she gets ready to take flight, really becoming a little person all of her own. I am happy for her and so proud!
As we count down the last 9 days of Kindergarten there are so many things to look forward to! Here are some of the things I can’t wait for…
Looking Forward to Summer: 10 things we are super excited about doing without having to leave San Diego
- Sleeping in: Now I know this might sound like a joke since the Princesses P are only 3 and 5, but Princess P’s school starts at 7:40 a.m, which is brutal, even to little kids!
- Not rushing out the door and feeling late five days a week!
- Not having to be so strict about bedtime, letting the girls play, watch movies and have sleepovers in the living room on weekdays!
- Going to the beach, a lot!
- The San Diego County Fair: Last year we took the girls for their first time on Princess P’s birthday, I think this was the start of a new tradition that will keep getting more fun as they get older!
- Movies: There are always good movies that are family friendly in the summer, and we can’t wait to enjoy them at the Drive-In!
- Kid Ventures is opening a new location only about 10 minutes away! I can’t wait for a new indoor play center to get out of the summer heat and still have a great time with the kids.
- Auntie Carole’s pool!! Whooohoooo…we will be making great use of Carole’s pool this summer, which means we will get to see Carole and Charlie more too. Win-win!
- Legoland California: We have never been and I am crossing my fingers that we can make this happen this summer, it looks like so much fun!
- Balboa Park on Tuesday’s: Many museums in Balboa Park offer free admission to children on Tuesdays. You will find us taking advantage of this beautiful historic part of San Diego throughout the summer!
What are your summer plans?