“What is today?”, asked Winnie the Pooh.
“It’s today,” squeaked Piglet.
“My favorite day,” said Winnie.
I love this quote! Actually, I guess it’s not really a “quote”, but a passage from a Winnie the Pooh book by A. A. Milne. But, by itself, it stands alone without the rest of the chapter surrounding it. Because life is a series of “favorite days”, but in Winnie the Pooh’s simple mind, every day is his favorite day. Think about that…making every day your favorite day. Making every day count…
What does “My Favorite Day” (every day) look like? Here’s a peek:
- Being with friends and family I love
- Rubbing Coco’s kitten-soft belly and listening to his gentle purr
- Working on this blog and creating content
- Cooking and creating new recipes
- Working on improving my photography
Those are “My Favorite Day” – every day – things. The rest – the bling, the fabulous experiences, the over-the-top memorable moments – are the icing on the cake. And, if I eat too much icing, I get a tummy ache, don’t you? So, I guess in my Winnie the Pooh simplistic fashion, I’m reminding myself and readers that every day is My Favorite Day because I’m here, on this earth, with people I love and doing things I love; even if I’m not having an over-the-top memorable moment.
Oh, and, I love these sunflowers! How I wish that I had a sunflower garden! But, alas, these are not from my personal garden, but the gardens of others. On my “to do” wish list…
I took some of these sunflower photos at Summers Past Farm last June and some at Bates Nut Farm last October. Both of these wonderful “destinations” are in San Diego County, so if you are ever visiting the area, check them out and create your own over-the-top memorable moments. And, if you missed my earlier posts that featured some of these beautiful flowers and others from those two places, here are links:
Summers Past Farm
- Celebrate Life
- Creamy Petite Pea Salad with Bacon and Cashews in Tomato Cups
- Creative Fairy Gardens
- How Do Fairies Get There Wings?
- Mask and Unveiling
- Pink Fairy Turkey Roll-ups
- The Magic of Fairy Days
Bates Nut Farm
- Blue Pumpkins
- Call of the Whinny: Yet Another Story from the Farm
- Earth Delights
- Eye of Newt
- In Search of the Great Pumpkin
- Nuts at the Nut Farm
- Pony Rides, Playtime and Pumpkins
- Princess P Picks a Pumpkin
- Princess Sweetie Pie Picks a Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Fever
- Pumpkin Season
- Scarecrows, Sunflowers and Face-Painting: Another Story from the Farm
- Straw Maze and Lazy Daze
I guess you could say that I kinda like these two farms. Both beautiful places in uniquely different ways.
Here are some of the individual photos that make up the collage above:
Aren’t these gorgeous flowers just amazing? And, today is my favorite day…
(other posts featuring Winnie the Pooh quotes)