Pancetta Potato Broccoli Frittata is something I came up with this morning! I don’t know what got into me on a Thursday morning, but I just felt like a hearty breakfast, but some veggies too. I poked around in the fridge and about a half hour later I had this yummy frittata!
I’m pretty impressed with the result of my Pancetta Potato Broccoli Fritatta since this was my first attempt at a frittata!
I love the idea of a frittata…the variations are endless and they can be healthy if you prepare them with smart choices of ingredients. This Pancetta Potato Broccoli Frittata is not the best example of smart choices, but hey, sometimes you have to use what you have on hand!
Not to mention, Pancetta Potato Broccoli Frittata would be the perfect dish to serve at a brunch or bring to a potluck. Frittatas don’t have to only be a breakfast dish!
Let me know in the comments some ideas for other variations of a Frittata!
Here’s the recipe:
- ½ cup uncooked Pancetta
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen Tater Tots, defrosted
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In an oven proof skillet, cook Pancetta over medium heat on the stove top.
- Add chopped onion and continue to saute until Pancetta is crispy and onions are translucent.
- Add the defrosted Tater Tots and break apart with wooden spoon; stir in with the mixture.
- Add chopped broccoli and saute all together for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, crack and beat eggs in a separate bowl.
- Pour eggs over the mixture.
- Stir and cook to allow eggs to start to cook, but not completely for about 5 minutes.
- Smooth the top of the mixture and top with the shredded cheese.
- Place the skillet in the oven and cook for 15 minutes or until eggs are cooked thoroughly.