First a disclaimer: This isn’t the “classic” way to poach chicken breasts. But, this is my quick and easy way to poach chicken breast tenders without a lot of fuss and preparation! I use boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders in many recipes. I also like to have cooked chicken in the refrigerator for quick and easy lunches or dinners. So, I make a batch at a time. Here are the very easy instructions:
Clockwise from top left:
- Purchase frozen boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders. I buy mine from Costco.
- Place frozen chicken breast tenders in a non-stick frying pan.
- Sprinkle with poultry seasoning, if desired. This is optional depending on what you are going to do with the cooked tenders.
- Cover pan with lid and turn heat on low.
- Cook on low for 20 to 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
Remove from heat to cool and then store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Here’s the recipe:
- 10 to 12 frozen Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Tenders
- Poultry Seasoning (optional)
- Place frozen chicken breasts tenders in large non-stick skillet.
- Cover with lid.
- Heat on low for 20 to 30 minutes until cooked through.
(posts that use cooked chicken)
- BBQ Chicken Salad
- Charlie’s Layered Mexican Casserole
- Chicken and Arugula Open-faced Sandwiches
- Copycat BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad
- Easy Chicken Noodle Bake
- Oriental Chicken Salad
- Summer Berry Chicken Salad
- Traditional Chicken Salad with Currants and Walnuts