What is it about potatoes that are so innately satisfying? It must be the “mouth-feel” because potatoes could really be considered a “neutral”, tasteless food. It’s really all the extra yummy stuff you add to your potatoes that make them so satisfying, don’t you think? Anyway, potatoes are one of my favorite foods. And, these Roasted Potato Wedges are so easy, fast, satisfying and healthier for you than French Fries!
Here’s what you do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scrub 4 to 6 medium to large baking potatoes under cold running water. Chop each potato in half and each half into 4 wedges.
Place potato wedges on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Using clean hands, toss potatoes around on the baking sheet with the olive oil until each wedge is well-coated. Spread potatoes in a single layer on the baking pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in preheated 350 degree oven for one hour, flipping potatoes over with a spatula at the 40 minute mark.
Remove from oven and transfer to serving platter. Serve with condiments, such as ketchup and/or ranch dressing.
Roasted Potato Wedges with ketchup and Ranch dressing – so good!
Here’s the recipe:
- 4 to 6 medium to large baking potatoes, scrubbed clean under cold water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Condiments such as ketchup and ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scrub potatoes until cold running water.
- Place on chopping board and cut each potato in half.
- Cut each half into 4 wedges.
- Place on baking pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Using clean hands, toss potatoes in pan with olive oil until all are coated.
- Make sure potatoes are in a single layer on baking pan and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 1 hour, turning wedges over with a spatula after 40 minutes (so that they brown evenly).
- Remove from oven and transfer to serving platter.
- Serve with ketchup and ranch dressing.
(other recipes you might enjoy to complete your meal)
- Bacon-Onion Green Beans
- Doctored Hamburgers
- Easy Cream of Mushroom Pork Chops
- Grilled London Broil
- Kale Chips with Roasted Garlic and Sea Salt
- Zucchini Moons with Parmesan and Pine Nuts