Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- Are you hosting a St. Patrick’s Day party at your home?
- Or, have you been invited to a St. Patrick’s Day party or celebration?
- Have you been asked to bring something to share?
- But, you have absolutely no time to make something?
- And, want to contribute something appropriately festive?
Sweet and Spicy Leprechaun Cheese Spread is the answer! Three ingredients and you are out the door! You can even stop at the grocery store on your way to the party, buy the ingredients and assemble the Sweet and Spicy Leprechaun Cheese Spread upon arrival. Here’s what you do:
Take 4 ounces of softened cream cheese and using clean hands, mold into a round. If you have time and are creative, mold into a shamrock shape! Plate the round on a pretty party plate.
Next, put 4 ounces of Jalapeno Pepper Jelly in a small bowl. Stir to soften. If jelly isn’t the shade of green you’d like, add a drop of green gel food coloring and stir to combine. Pour jelly over cream cheese and allow to run down sides.
A tisket, a tasket – Triscuits in a basket!
Next, select your crackers and arrange in a pretty serving container or place around the cream cheese and jelly round. I used Triscuits and put them in a cute little shamrock basket I had.
Get out a spreading knife and some serving plates and you are ready! Instant “Sweet and Spicy Leprechaun Cheese Spread”!
Plate a few Leprechaun Cream Cheese Crackers so that people know what to do!
Here’s the recipe:
- 4 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 4 ounces of jalapeno pepper jelly
- Favorite snack crackers (I used Triscuits)
- Green gel food coloring (optional)
- Shape softened cream cheese into a round and place on serving plate.
- Spoon jelly into a small bowl and stir to combine.
- If not the color green that you want, add a drop of green gel food coloring and stir to combine.
- Pour jelly over cream cheese.
- Serve with crackers.
(other St. Patrick’s Day recipes)
- An Irish Lunch: Courgettes with Grape Tomato Salad and Cottage Cheese
- Irish Rainbow Country Potatoes
- Leprechaun Bagels
- Recipe Chatter: Pot o’ Gold Corn Casserole