While today is generally “Mommy Diary Monday”, I wanted to dedicate this post to my marriage, which without there would be no Mommy Diary Monday’s.
Today is our wedding anniversary. Today we have made it to “The Seven Year Itch. The mention of celebrating our seventh year of marital bliss comes up in conversation, so does the term “The Seven Year Itch”.
There is a well-known theory that about every seven years people go through a feeling of being unsatisfied with their lives, relationships, jobs, etc…an interesting theory for sure.
I must admit, I have a Seven Year Itch, but it’s not the kind that the theory implies.
In fact, entering our seventh year of marriage I can honestly say the following are 100% true:
- I love my husband more than I did on our wedding day. As a husband, friend and father there is nobody I would rather be climbing this hill of life with.
- Our love and life grows and changes, but the bond and commitment become more solid each day.
- I still like my husband. I really LIKE him as a person. He is funny, caring, and I love to spend time with him. He is my best friend.
So, you may wonder what my Seven Year Itch is if all the above mentioned are true.
The Seven Things this Wife has an Itch for:
- A vacation or getaway with just my husband…this is asking a LOT with the little Princesses P!
- A real, uninterrupted conversation, DAILY with my husband.
- Laundry that folds and puts itself away.
- Sleeping through the night more than not.
- Family walks in the evenings.
- More date nights (or days) with my husband.
- Many, many more lucky years of loving AND liking each other!
On this special day, I’d like to share our wedding song and some of the lyrics, they still are perfect for us and now hold so much more meaning…
Oh – thinkin’ about all our younger yearsThere was only you and me
We were young and wild and free…Oh – once in your life you find someone
Who will turn your world around
Bring you up when you’re feelin’ down…And baby, you’re all that I want
When you’re lyin’ here in my arms
I’m findin’ it hard to believe
We’re in heaven…
Now our dreams are comin’ true
Through the good times and the bad
Yeah – I’ll be standin’ there by you…
– Heaven By: Bryan Adams