Weetabix with Yogurt and Berries is one of my favorite breakfasts. Easy and nutritious, it packs a decent protein wallop with the added yogurt that keeps me from getting hungry before noon. And, since I’m on a diet, I thought I’d share several of my favorite meals with our readers over the months ahead.
I have found, in my very long lifetime, that I won’t stick to a diet if it is too restrictive. I want to eat “real” food and I want to enjoy sharing a meal with family and friends and not worry about calories, carbs, sugar, etc. But, I do pay attention to the amount of protein I eat at each sitting.
Eating more protein has been successful for me in the past and it’s working now. So, for breakfast, I make sure I’m getting a minimum of 10 grams of protein to start my day. This Weetabix combination with yogurt provides a decent amount of protein plus great fiber.
I prefer Weetabix with yogurt rather than milk. Served with yogurt, Weetabix stays crunchy and provides a satisfying crunchy pop with the delicious, creamy yogurt. Adding juicy and fresh berries in season just makes it even more delicious!
Weetabix is a product of England, even though the boxes we buy in the US are imported from Canada. A biscuit, it’s easy to monitor your portion size because of its biscuit shape. Two biscuits are one serving, so you don’t have to worry about the calories.
I’ve eaten Weetabix as one of my choices for breakfast for about 20 years. My mother was a nanny for an English couple and, of course, they would buy English products when available in the US – a taste of “home”. Mom shared Weetabix with me and I’ve eaten them with some regularity for 20+ years.
- Put 2 Weetabix biscuits in a bowl. I use a pasta bowl because of its shape.
- With a spoon, break it up into chunks.
- Add 6 to 8 ounces of fruit-flavored low-fat or non-fat yogurt.
- Add fresh berries.
So easy and a delicious way to start your day!
P.S. This is not a sponsored post. I just like Weetabix and I thought I’d share!
(other posts in The Incredible Shrinking Woman series)
- Cankles and Zits
- Confessions of the Incredible Shrinking Woman
- Minding Your P’s and Q’s (Portions and Quality)
(other lite or lighter recipe posts)
- Caprese Salad Roll-ups
- Charlie’s Lite Layered Mexican Casserole
- Chicken and Arugula Open-faced Sandwiches
- Coffee Banana Protein Smoothie
- Easy Peasy Caprese Salad
- Lite Cheesy Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Mexican Corn Salad
- Poached Chicken Breast Tenders
- Steel Cut Oats with Peanut Butter and Bananas
- Strawberry Protein Smoothie
- Summer Berry Chicken Salad
- Tri-colored Roasted Potato Salad