Happy 4th of July! To all my American readers out there, I hope you are having a day filled with family, friends, food, fun and fireworks!
Do you have 42 Independence Day decorations in your home? Maybe not, but if you celebrate this holiday, I’d bet you’d be surprised by how many you might actually have!
If you are a new visitor to our blog, I create lists of 42 of various things – mostly household inventory items.
Because of the “4 Two” in the name of my blog!
Why household inventory?
I lost my home in a wildfire in 2007 and had to create a household inventory list for our insurance claim. It took me 9 months of working nights and weekends! And, last June (2013) it occurred to me that I didn’t have a current household inventory list for my new home and I’ve been living in this new home for 5 years now! So, it might behoove me to have such a list as part of my emergency planning and preparedness project. So, while I’m doing this household inventory for me, I thought I’d share it on my blog should anyone else want or need such a list!
This list marks my 47th list of 42 and of those 47 lists, 42 Independence Day Decorations in Your Home is the 34th list of household inventory items and I’m still not done! Unbelievably, I don’t think I’m even halfway there! Can you imagine? 34 lists (so far) of household inventory items.
By the way, each post includes a FREE printable at the end so that readers can print the list and use it for their own household inventory purposes.
When creating a household inventory list for an insurance claim, many insurance carriers require very detailed lists, down to the last toothpick! I’ve shared the story of the loss of our home in the wildfire and the rebuilding process on my blog and visitors can read the series of posts starting with this one: Any Way the Wind Blows.
Also, I tend to make the holiday inventory lists of 42 available after the holiday in question. I mean, after all, doesn’t it make sense to do your household inventory on those holiday items after the holiday has ended and while you are packing them away? Usually, at least in my case, I’m always in a rush to get my holiday decorations up, so doing a holiday inventory while I’m decorating really isn’t practical. But when I’m putting them away for the year, I usually don’t have a deadline, so it just makes sense to do it then.
Here’s the list of 42 Independence Day Decorations in Your Home:
- American flag(s)
- Tablecloths, runners, placemats
- Napkins, napkin rings
- Place cards, place card holders
- Candles, candle holders, lanterns
- Vases, centerpieces, decorative containers
- Wreaths, swags, door hangers
- Artificial plants, flowers, trees
- Mantle displays, garland, streamers
- Sprays, floral stems, bunches, picks
- Crafts and craft supplies
- Banners, posters, signs
- Flags, windsocks, balloons
- Scatter, confetti
- Party crackers/poppers, noise makers
- Baskets, trays, boxes
- Invitations, note cards
- Gift/treat boxes, favor bags
- Wall and window decorations
- Paper lanterns and fans
- Potpourri, bowl fillers, sprays, diffusers
- Red, white & blue string lights
- Stuffed animals, teddy bears
- Decorative knick-knacks, trinkets
- Decorative pillows and throws
- Doormat, outdoor decor
- Ribbons, bows, wrapping paper, gift bags, tissue paper, gift tags
- Chargers and dinner plates
- Dessert and salad plates
- Flatware and serving utensils
- Drinkware, mugs and coasters
- Kitchen linens and aprons
- Bedroom and bathroom linens
- Specialty cookware and bakeware
- Specialty cooking accessories
- Specialty food products and candy
- Decorative picks (cupcakes)
- Books, magazines, cookbooks
- Specialty clothing, toys, CDs, DVDs
- Specialty storage containers, tubs
- Gifts for others
And, here’s your FREE printable list to add to your household inventory binder: TS4T Checklist – 42 Independence Day Decorations in Your Home.
Have a long and wonderful holiday weekend celebrating what makes America great – Freedom!
(other list of 42 household inventory items)
Note: this is not a complete list of available lists. For a complete list with links to each post, visit our “Archives – By Category” page.
- 42 Party Supplies for Your Next Party
- 42 Cleaning Supplies and Equipment
- 42 Things in Your Laundry Room
- 42 Valentine’s Day Decorations in Your Home
- 42 Things in Your Dining Room
- 42 Things in Your Living Room, Family Room and/or Great Room
- 42 Things in Your Foyer, Mud Room and Hall Closet
- 42 Things for Your Pets
- 42 Things in Your Home Office & Library
- 42 Important Papers in Your Home