Banana Cream Pie…what’s not to love? Mini Banana Cream Pies…even better!
I have always been a big fan of this dessert, especially during warmer weather. I know it’s officially fall now, but where we live we are still seeing temperatures in the 90’s, so this was a very light and refreshing dessert that I brought to a family dinner recently. And a kid pleaser, too!
- Gather all your ingredients.
- Prepare pudding according to package directions.
- Layer the banana slices in the bottom of each mini pie crust shell.
- Cover bananas with the pie filling.
- Top with a heap of cool whip or whipped cream, garnish with a slice of banana and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
- Banana Cream Cutie Pies!
Yesterday I went to visit Carole and brought a few of these Cutie Pies along for a surprise treat. My Uncle Charlie (Carole’s hubby) loves Banana Cream Pie; it’s his all-time favorite pie, so he was the true taste tester! He gave me the thumbs up and loved them!
Here’s the Recipe:
- 1 small (1 ounce) package of instant banana cream flavor pudding mix
- 1¾ cups whole milk
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 12 mini graham cracker pie crusts
- 1 small (8 ounce) tub of Cool Whip topping
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixture, prepare pudding according to package directions using whole milk.
- With a spatula, fold in half the tub of Cool Whip to the pudding mixture.
- Place slices of banana in the bottom of each mini pie crust, reserving 12 slices for the top of the Cutie Pies.
- Cover the bananas with the pudding and Cool Whip mixture.
- Add a heaping spoonful of remaining Cool Whip to the top of each Cutie Pie.
- Place one slice of banana in the middle of each Cutie Pie and sprinkle each with mini chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.