Well, BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Spicy Coleslaw is actually my first experience making a “Pinterest” inspired recipe. However, I did not get this recipe from Pinterest but rather my dental hygienist, Emily! A couple of weeks ago I had a dental appointment and Emily and I got to talking about Pinterest, how we loved Pinterest, the addicting nature of Pinterest, etc. I told her that while I have pinned numerous recipes to my personal Pinterest boards (Toot Sweet 4 Two also has a Pinterest board), I hadn’t yet made any of the recipes nor linked back to the websites or blogs that had the recipes. I’m looking forward to that day, but in my “toot sweet” life, haven’t yet had the opportunity.
But, Emily has! She shared with me that she has made numerous successful meals from recipes on her Pinterest boards. And, she shared with me that one of the easiest and most successful for her was barbequed pulled pork made in a slow cooker with just root beer and barbeque sauce. I decided to try it the other day and added my version of Spicy Coleslaw to round out the sandwich.
So, thanks Emily!
- Place a frozen 2 1/2 to 3 pound pork roast in your slow cooker.
- Select one 16 ounce bottle of your favorite root beer.
- Pour the entire bottle of root beer over the pork roast. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
When done, take the roast out of the slow cooker and move it into a large bowl (I know, I know…this roast looks teeny, tiny – but, it’s not! It’s a large bowl!). Empty the root beer from the slow cooker (throw it away).
- With 2 forks, shred the pork.
- Select a 16 to 18 ounce bottle of your favorite barbeque sauce.
- Return the shredded pork to the now empty slow cooker.
- Add the barbeque sauce and stir to combine.
- Set slow cooker on low.
- Cook the pork for another hour to heat the barbeque sauce.
- Gather your coleslaw ingredients.
- Empty the shredded cabbage into a large bowl.
- Add the crushed pineapple and stir to combine.
- Add the jalapeno ranch dressing and stir to combine.
- Coleslaw read to serve or add to your sandwich!
- Check on your finished BBQ Pulled Pork!
- Plate your favorite hamburger bun and add a healthy serving of the pulled port to one side of each bun.
- Cover shredded pork with a healthy serving of Spicy Coleslaw.
Ready to serve and enjoy!
Here’s the recipe:
- 2½ to 3 pound frozen boneless pork roast
- 1 16.9 ounce bottle of favorite root beer
- 1 18 ounce bottle of favorite barbeque sauce
- 1 10 ounce package of shredded angel hair coleslaw
- ½ cup Litehouse Jalapeno Ranch Dressing and Dip
- 1 8 ounce can of crushed pineapple, drained
- 8 Country Potato Sliced Buns (or other favorite hamburger buns)
- Place frozen pork roast in slow cooker.
- Pour root beer over roast.
- Set slow cooker on low and cook for 4 hours.
- Remove cooked roast from slow cooker into a large bowl.
- Drain root beer from slow cooker.
- With 2 forks, shred cooked roast and return to slow cooker.
- Pour barbeque sauce over roast and stir.
- Set slow cooker on low and cook for another hour.
- While roast is cooking, place shredded coleslaw in large bowl.
- Add drained pineapple and stir to combine.
- Add Jalapeno Ranch dressing and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- When ready to serve, top buns with a generous helping of the pulled pork.
- Top pulled pork with a generous serving of the coleslaw.