Last summer we spent a week in Macksville, Kansas, where my dad grew up. You can read about our trip on my post, We’re Not in Kansas Anymore.
We went to surprise my grandmother on her 90th birthday. This was the first time I had been back to Kansas as an adult. This is where I got to experience a wonderful week of the mid-west and the slower, easier pace of life. The week included catching up with family, taking walks, sharing stories and of course food, lots of good food!
One of the recipes I had to bring back with me was for Cranberry-Pecan Crunch. My Aunt Debbie had made a big batch for us to much on. It’s so good! It’s an All-American treat, perfect for company, parties, BBQ’s, etc…Perfect for Memorial Day which is only a few days away!
- 14 ounce box of Chex or Crispix Cereal
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Dark Karo Syrup
- Dash of Salt
- ½ cups Pecans
- 1 6 ounce bag of Craisins
- Optional: Use half Original flavor Crasins and half Blueberry flavor
- White Chocolate Chips
- Over low heat, boil brown sugar, Karo Syrup, butter and salt for 3-4 minutes.
- Put the cereal, Craisins and pecans in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the brown sugar mixture over the cereal,
- Mix gently.
- Spread on lightly greased or non-stick cookie sheets.
- Bake at 250 for one hour, mixing and turning every 15 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- Optional: Drizzle melted white chocolate chips over the top after it's baked.
What are your plans for the long weekend? Will you bring Cranberry Pecan Crunch to a party/BBQ or serve it at your own?
Hope you all have a wonderful and safe Memorial Day Weekend!