Don’t you love it when a plan comes together? Dreamy Triple Chocolate Cookies are a plan that came together on the first try! I wanted to create a chocolate cookie recipe from a cake mix. After a bit of research, I formulated a plan. Not only would I try making these with a chocolate fudge cake mix, but a chocolate fudge instant pudding mix and on top of that, semi-sweet chocolate chips! Triple chocolate – a chocolate lover’s dream…
And, it worked! Not only are Dreamy Triple Chocolate Cookies delicious, but they are melt-in-your-mouth delicious with ooey, gooey centers. But to balance out all that richness, they have two unexpected ingredients – mayonnaise and oatmeal. These two surprise ingredients mellow out the sweetness of the chocolate overload, making a perfect chocolate fudge cookie.
Here’s the problem: they are addicting! I challenge you to eat only one! Rich and dreamy, these soft batch cookies are not overly sweet. But, they are so outstandingly delicious they deserve center stage! So, I plated them on fine china and served them on a silver platter. Out by the pool. In December. Yep, we can do that kind of thing here in Southern California in December. Sit by the pool, without coats and jackets and eat Dreamy Triple Chocolate Cookies. Now I’m just shamelessly bragging about our weather…forgive me!
But, just to keep things “real,” I did serve milk in these cute little milk bottles with pretty pink and white striped and polka dot straws. After all, I’m truly NOT a fancy-schmancy person; I wear jeans, t-shirts and tennis shoes 99.9% of the time!
Here’s a set on Amazon, similar to the ones I bought:
Or these – they are so darn cute, I might just have to get these too!
But, then there are these:
All pretty darn cute!
Disclaimer: I was not compensated to write this post, but this post does contain affiliate links to the products listed above, which will take you directly to these products on Amazon. Toot Sweet 4 Two is an Amazon affiliate and receives a small commission if a product is purchased through these links. If you click on the link and purchase a product, I will receive a commission of approximately 5% on the sale. If you don’t want me to receive any commission, you could just open a new browser window and search for the product on your own. But, if you do use the links to purchase products, THANK YOU! This does not change the cost to you; thanks for helping to keep content on this site free!
Sorry I can’t give you a lead on the china and silver! I inherited both from my aunt! And, the geraniums are from my garden. Yes, there are a few geraniums in my garden in December!
Anyway, Dreamy Triple Chocolate Cookies are ah-mazing, whether served on china and silver or a paper napkin. But, don’t overbake them! Since they are so dark, it’s easy to think they aren’t done. Don’t overthink it; just take them out of the oven after 10 minutes, let them cool (and continue cooking) on the cookie sheet for another five minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
The flecks peeking out of these Dreamy Triple Chocolate Cookies are bits of oatmeal that didn’t get pulverized. No nuts in these cookies, although that’s not a bad idea.
Here’s a collage to pin to your Pinterest board (thank you!). These cake mix cookies measure 2 1/2-inches in diameter. To get them nearly perfectly round, use a cookie scoop that holds a tablespoon. Also, don’t crowd them; bake them 8 to a cookie sheet.
Here’s the recipe for Dreamy Triple Chocolate Cookies:
- 1 - 15.25 ounce package of chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1 - 3.9 ounce package of instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup canola oil
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mini food processor, pulverize the oats until the consistency of all-purpose flour.
- Spray several cookie sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ½ of the cake mix, the entire box of pudding mix, brown sugar, oil, egg, water and mayonnaise.
- With an electric mixer set on low speed, mix ingredients for a minute or two until well combined (the batter will be thick).
- Stir in the rest of the cake mix, oats and chocolate chips into the batter by hand.
- Using a cookie scoop that measures 1 tablespoon, scoop even amounts of cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets, spacing 2 inches or more apart (place only 8 on each cookie sheet - do not overcrowd).
- Bake for 10 minutes in a preheated oven.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet.
- After 5 minutes, transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Here are a few more amazingly delicious cookie recipes from Toot Sweet 4 Two’s archives: