I know it’s October, but here in Southern California we continue to have record-breaking scorching hot days! Fresh strawberries are still available in our stores, so what could be more refreshing than Fresh Strawberry Pie on a hot fall day?
So easy, so delicious and even though it’s sugary sweet from the glaze, fresh strawberries are always a “healthy” choice, right? Okay, so I’m just kidding myself on the “healthy” part!
- Just 3 ingredients unless you count whipped cream and then it’s 4!
- Bake the pie crust according to package instructions. Mine said to prick holes everywhere and bake at 400 degrees for 7 to 9 minutes. This pie crust was 7 minutes.
- Wash and trim 32 ounces (2 pounds) of fresh strawberries.
- Place the washed and trimmed strawberries in the cooled pie crust.
- Cover with about 20 ounces of Marie’s Strawberry Glaze (about 1 and 1/2 cartons).
- Refrigerate until ready to serve and then dollop with whipped cream.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 - 9" pre-made pie shell, baked according to package instructions and cooled
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, washed and trimmed
- 2 - 14 ounce cartons of Marie's Strawberry Glaze
- Whipped cream
- Bake the pie shell according to package instructions and cool.
- Wash the strawberries and remove tops and any bad spots.
- Place strawberries in cooled pie crust.
- Top with about 20 ounces of the Strawberry Glaze.
- Refrigerate one hour to cool.
- Slice and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.