This recipe for Hot Mexican Corn Dip is a sure-fire winner! I made this for my Easy Appetizer Party for a Crowd and there were no leftovers. Everyone raved and raved about it and it’s now a new family favorite.
Let me clarify: it’s not spicy hot, it’s oven hot. You bake it in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes and serve it warm with tortilla chips or corn chips. Depending on your taste buds those of your guests, you can make it spicy by just adding a spicier salsa.
I adapted this recipe from Trisha Yearwood’s Food Network TV show called Trisha’s Southern Cooking. I added a cup of my favorite salsa and extra cheese. It was delicious! So, if you are looking for a “man-pleasing” dip recipe for your Super Bowl party (or any other party), this is it! It’s makes plenty for a crowd.
Other easy appetizer recipes from our archives that you might enjoy:
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 11-ounce cans of corn, drained
- 2 4.5-ounce cans of diced green chilies
- 1 cup of favorite salsa
- 2½ cups of grated Monterey Jack cheese
- ⅔ cups of shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray or grease with a little canola oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine corn, green chilies, salsa and mayonnaise.
- Add cheeses and mix well to combine.
- Pour mixture into greased pan and spread around to level it out.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes until bubbly around the edges.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.