Leprechaun Bagels are an easy and cute way to serve something green to your family on St. Patrick’s Day morning! Just spread softened cream cheese on a toasted bagel, spread with Jalapeno Pepper Jelly and eat! Delish!
And quick if you are in a rush to get out the door to start your St. Patrick’s Day celebration. Plus, if you are going to a party later in the day and need to take something to share, make the Sweet and Spicy Leprechaun Cheese Spread, add some crackers and you are ready! You can make the spread while you are toasting your breakfast bagels. I call this tactic “double-dipping” in my “toot sweet” life – making two things at once so that I have time to relax later.
Jalapeno Pepper Jelly doesn’t have to necessarily be “hot” as in “spicy.” They make mild and spicy versions, so you can choose based on your tolerance level. My mom, who likes no “hot” spice at all, tried this and loved it! So, if my 82-year-old mother will eat it and love it, chances are your kids will eat it and love it especially if you make up a story to go with it, like “the Leprechauns brought us a special jelly for St. Patrick’s Day morning! Don’t you want to taste their gift to you?”
Leprechaun greeting “Top O’ the Mornin’ to You!”
Here’s the recipe:
- Plain bagel, split in half and toasted
- Cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- Jalapeno Pepper Jelly
- Green gel food coloring (optional)
- If Jalapeno Pepper Jelly is not the shade of green desired, add a drop of green gel food coloring and stir to combine.
- Spread toasted bagel with softened cream cheese.
- Spoon Jalapeno Pepper Jelly over cream cheese on bagel and swirl to combine.
(other St. Patrick’s Day recipes)
- An Irish Lunch: Courgettes with Grape Tomato Salad and Cottage Cheese
- Irish Rainbow Country Potatoes
- Recipe Chatter: Pot o’ Gold Corn Casserole
- Sweet and Spicy Leprechaun Cheese Spread