Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best and Mickey’s Cajun Spice Salmon Caesar Salad is one of them. Spicy salmon atop fresh, crunchy greens smothered in a delicious bottled Caesar dressing, this recipe comes together in minutes leaving you free to make Mickey’s Garlic Parmesan Cheese Bread.
This is my friend, Mickey. She and a few other girl friends came over for lunch a few weeks ago. I have a series running on this blog that I call “Teach Me to Cook”. I invite friends over and have them teach me to cook one of their favorite recipes, I photograph it and share it on this blog. It’s fun because I get to spend time with great friends, plus I get to eat other people’s cooking instead of always just eating my own. And, I always learn something new.
This time I learned that a simple spice mix, like Emeril’s Cajun Seasoning Blend, can really kick a recipe up a notch. As Emeril would say, “Bam!”
Depending on how much seasoning you put on each salmon fillet, you can control the amount of spice on Mickey’s Cajun Spice Salmon Caesar Salad from mildly spiced to very spicy! Mickey was kind enough to ask all the guests their preference and everyone got a salmon fillet spiced just to their liking.
Don’t you just love my cute orange placemat with the pink and orange fish swimming through a coral reef? I thought it was the perfect foil for Mickey’s Cajun Spice Salmon Caesar Salad!
Easy to prepare with a few simple ingredients, Mickey’s Cajun Spice Salmon Caesar Salad makes a delicious lunch or dinner. Plus, if you use a disposable broiler pan as Mickey does, its easy clean-up!
For the Caesar salad part of the recipe, Mickey’s uses her favorite bottled Caesar dressing (Cardini’s Original Caesar Dressing) plus adds shaved Parmesan cheese, black olives, hard-boiled eggs and croutons. She serves extra lemon wedges on the side. Delish!
She bakes the salmon in the oven for 30 minutes and it comes out perfect every time.
Here’s the recipe:
- 6 - 5 ounce salmon fillets, skins removed
- 3 tablespoons (more or less - amount varies depending on degree of spiciness) Emeril's Cajun Seasoning Blend
- ¼ cup (or more depending on taste) Cardini's Original Caesar Dressing
- ¼ cup (or more depending on taste) shaved Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan Caesar croutons
- 2 pound bag Caesar Romaine European Style Salad
- ½ cup medium black olives
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges (for garnish)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Disposable broiler pan (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place salmon fillets on prepared broiler pan and season with Cajun spice blend to each individual's liking.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on prepared salad (see below).
- Pour Caesar Romaine salad blend into large salad bowl.
- Add olives, shaved Parmesan, croutons and salad dressing and toss to coat.
- Taste and add more salad dressing, if needed.
- Divide onto six salad plates and garnish each with 2 quarters of hard-boiled eggs.
- Add prepared salmon to each serving and garnish with lemon wedges.
Ideas to serve with Mickey’s Cajun Spice Salmon Caesar Salad: