Happy Fourth of July! We hope you have a very festive and fun holiday! Here is the cocktail I came up with to enjoy on this day of red, white and blue, the Old Glory Guzzler (proudly named by Charlie!).
This is an adult beverage that packs a punch while tasting sweet and refreshing.
It can also be made for minors and non-drinkers to enjoy simply by substituting some ingredients. Easy!
The adult version includes raspberry vodka, Grenadines Syrup and Diet 7up. For the non-alcolohic version of the Old Glory Guzzler, simply replace the raspberry vodka with blue Kool-Aid or Gatorade and you still have a festive, patriotic refreshing drink!
***The trick to the layering process of this drink is to put the liquid with the most sugar on the bottom, followed with the next highest sugar content liquid, topped by the Diet 7Up.
- Grenadines Syrup
- raspberry Flavored Vodka (UV Blue is the one I used so that it's blue colored)
- Diet 7Up
- Place ice in a glass.
- Pour desired amount of Grenadines Syrup in first.
- Next, very slowly pour the desired amount of Blue Vodka over the Grenadines.
- Last, slowly pour the 7Up on top of the vodka.
- ***The trick to the layering process of this drink is to put the liquid with the most sugar on the bottom, followed with the next highest sugar content liquid, topped by the diet 7Up.
Do you have any patriotic recipes you enjoy on these special holidays? I’d love to see them in the comments! Happy 4th!