Sweetheart Cream Cheese Spread couldn’t be easier. 3 ingredients. That’s it…4 if you add the pita chips.
I mentioned in my earlier post, Sweetheart Pie Crust Cookies, that I have a heart-shaped cookie cutter literally dying to get out of the kitchen drawer. It’s been cooped up there for many years with only the company of the other cookies cutters that I don’t use! It’s only me and Charlie (and Coco) and if I dusted off those cookie cutters and made cookies all the time, we’d be in a world of hurt health wise!
But, in honor of Valentine’s Day approaching, I got out my unused and unloved heart-shaped cookie cutter and made Sweetheart Pie Crust Cookies. Then I decided that wasn’t enough. I couldn’t put that poor little heart-shaped cookie cutter back in the drawer for another year without using it for something else! So, over that last several days, I’ve used it over-and-over-and-over again!
So, watch for upcoming posts all this week about how you, too, can dust off your heart-shaped cookie cutter and show it some love!
Here’s the recipe:
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ¼ cup red spicy jalapeno pepper jelly
- ¼ cup strawberry preserves
- Pita chips or crackers for serving
- Spray the inside of your heart-shaped cookie cutter with non-stick cooking spray (for 4 ounces of cream cheese, you will need a 3-inch cookie cutter).
- Place the cookie cutter on a small plate and add the cream cheese to the middle of the heart, smoothing with a knife.
- Place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Mix the two jellies together in a small bowl.
- Pour half of the jelly mixture into the center of a larger serving plate
- After two hours, unmold the heart on top of the jelly on the serving plate by carefully running a knife alongside the inside edge of the cookie cutter; it will come right out.
- Cover heart with remaining jelly.
- Add pita chips or crackers around the heart for serving.
(other Valentine’s Day posts)
- 42 Shades of Red
- 42 Ways to Say I Love You on Valentine’s Day
- All You Need is Love
- Chocolate-covered Strawberries
- DIY Valentine Bookmarks
- DIY Valentine Heart Plaque and FREE Printables
- Easy Valentine Candy and Cookie Buffet
- Strawberry Cake
- Sweetheart Pie Crust Cookies