Cinco de Mayo is on Sunday so I thought I would share my Taco Salad recipe for a festive meal or side dish idea. Taco Salad is one of our favorite dinner’s on hot evenings. It’s cool and refreshing, yet very hearty and filling too!
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 head of green leaf lettuce (or a bag of pre-washed and chopped salad)
- 1 pound of ground beef or turkey
- 1 package of taco seasoning mix
- ½ cup salsa
- 4 green onions, chopped
- ½ can of corn, drained
- ½ can black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- ½ cup tortilla chips, crushed
- Cook ground meat according to directions on the taco seasoning packet. When the meat is done cooking, remove from heat and let cool while preparing salad ingredients.
- Rinse and chop lettuce, place in a large bowl.
- Rinse and chop green onions, add on top of lettuce.
- Drain and rinse corn and black beans, add to the salad.
- Slice avocado, add to the salad.
- Pour the salsa and ranch dressing on top and toss the salad to coat.
- Add desired amount of taco meat to the top of the salad.
- Place into individual bowls.
- Top with cheese, avocado and crunched up tortilla chips.
- Serve immediately.
(other salad recipes)