New Year’s Eve will always mark the first day of the rest of my life, when the first kiss was shared between Chris and I at midnight several years ago.
As the New Year approaches, I always like to reflect on the past year, and remember that December 31st was the start of an amazing journey with an amazing man and how lucky I am. It’s also fun to look forward to a fresh start, but remember what made the past year special.
Here you have it…
Tiffany’s 2012 Favorite Things (in no particular order)…
1. Finding perfection in imperfection…there is something that has become special to me when I see something that has aged, loved or weathered. There is usually a history or a story, perfectly imperfect.
2. Repurposing: Mixing old and new, finding a use for something that seemed useless and bringing new life to something that looks lifeless; this has become one of my favorite ways to spend my free time, which usually includes a can or two of spray paint.
3. Doodling: If you haven’t noticed I’m a doodler. I did a lot of doodles in High School and have recently rediscovered my love of doodling and the creative outlet it provided. Once again not ever perfect.
4. Arugula: Be sure to check back for many recipes in the coming year…I LOVE this leafy, zippy lettuce! I also love that I have it growing in my garden and will always have it on-hand for that craving that I can’t get enough of!
6. Downsizing: This is a huge project that seems to never end, but I am convinced that less stuff equals more time; we will see…
7. Dreaming Big…Anything is possible if you believe!
8. Gardening and working in my yard: From the garden that just gave me my first crop of arugula to the flowers that make me smile every morning when I look out the window and, of course, our magical fairy garden, spending time in my yard has become one of my favorite things.
9. Re-sale Shopping and Consigning: In 2012 I spent lots of time trying to clear clutter, downsize and re-purpose. While taking on these projects I discovered that the saying “one person’s trash is another person’s treasure”, is absolutely true! I have found some serious treasures out there!
10. Jewel Kade: I met someone while attending Bloggy Boot Camp who opened up a new world to me and offered me an amazing opportunity. This jewelry is breathtaking and the personal canvas line is unlike anything I’ve seen. I couldn’t help myself – I fell in love with this product and this company. I’m so excited to be successful in the coming year with JK!
11. Finding confidence in being who I am and not the person I think others want me to be. (Only took 30+ years!)
AND SAVING THE BEST FOR LAST…
12. Blogging and Toot Sweet 4 Two: Carole and I accidentally started this adventure less than six months ago. It has been a wild and crazy ride, but I can’t imagine my life without this blog. I am truly amazed by all we have learned and the wonderful connections we have made with people. I can’t wait to see where 2013 takes us!
Watch out world, we are going places in 2013!! The best is yet to come!
This will be my last post of 2012. I would like to thank each of you for your support and feedback in these early days. I look forward to growing in the blog world and sharing with you all the things Carole and I are passionate about through this blog.
Have a safe, fun and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!