Keeping with the theme of the broccoli and ham recipes that I mentioned earlier in the week when I shared Broccoli, Ham and Cheese Quesadillas here is one more delicious recipe I came up with.
Did I mention that it was DELICIOUS?? Seriously, it is YUM!
As I had mentioned in my Quesadilla post, I was in the mood for broccoli, ham and cheese. I came up with three different meals and this casserole/bake was actually the most amazing tasting out of the three.
I got two thumbs up and cleaned plates from the husband and the Princesses P. It’s not everyday that I get the whole family loving the meal, but this one was a success!
Here is the recipe for my amazing Cheesy Ham and Broccoli Bake:
- 1¼ cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 1½ cups chopped broccoli
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup of deli ham, chopped
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup french fried onions
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the broccoli, ham, soup, 1 cup of cheese, milk, dried onion, pepper and ½ cup french fried onions.
- Drain pasta; add to the ham mixture.
- Transfer to a baking dish; bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining french fried onions and cheese.
- Put back in the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
(other recipes with broccoli)