Some recipes bring back fond memories no matter how many times they are made. This recipe for Christmas Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars always brings me back to when I was in seventh grade. Hard to believe, I know.
These easy, yet delicious baked goodies take me back to being in the kitchen with my childhood best friend, Michelle and baking at her house. We were twelve years old.
I make these almost every single year at Christmastime and when I take a bite I taste that sweet flavor of nostalgia and the memory of an amazing friendship. Thanks for the recipe and the memories Michelle!
- Ingredients for Christmas Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars.
- Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix by hand until a smooth batter forms.
- Spread in a greased 9″ x 12″ glass pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Spread with glaze while still warm.
- If available, enlist a little helper to decorate.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix all ingredients by hand until a smooth and thick batter forms.
- Spread into a greased 9 x13 glass pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes until golden.
- While warm, spread glaze on top.