As Father’s Day approaches and summer is coming into full swing I’m sure there will be many events coming up that involve BBQ’s, summer cookouts, camping, parties, etc…
What better dish to bring or serve on a nice warm summer day than a Loaded Avocado Ranch Salad?
We recently were invited to a friend’s house for swimming, BBQ and a day of fun in the sun! I offered to bring a salad and knew that the Loaded Avocado Ranch Salad would be the perfect accompaniment to burgers, hot dogs and baked beans. I also had no doubt that everyone would love the salad! Who doesn’t like a traditional ranch salad? The Loaded Avocado Ranch Salad is just that, a LOADED up version of the classic salad that everyone loves!
Here you go, the recipe that you will want to have printed out and in your recipe collection for this summer!
- 2 heads of green leaf lettuce, rinsed and chopped
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup frozen corn, thawed
- ¼ cup red cabbage, shredded
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup carrots, shredded
- 2 avocados, sliced
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup croutons
- Ranch Dressing of choice
- Rinse and chop lettuce, place in a large bowl.
- Prepare the remaining vegetables (except avocado) and layer on top of the lettuce.
- Sprinkle the crumbled cheddar cheese and croutons on top of the veggies.
- Add the avocado slices on the top.
- Pour desired amount of ranch dressing on the salad, toss and serve.
What are your go-to dishes for potluck style events? We would love to hear about some of your favorite recipes that are easy to take and share!