In my Toot Sweet life, I’m always looking for things to make life easier, even if it’s just a little. It seems like I’m always running late, always feeling like I’m behind on household responsibilities and always a little frazzled about getting things done at the last-minute! Here are the 5 things that make my life (a little) easier. Some I’m sure you’re aware of, but just in case, I’d like to share with you my top five…
1. iPhone (or smart phone of choice): Duh, right? Seriously though, if you have a life anything like my toot sweet life you would never survive even an hour without some sort of smart phone. I really, I mean REALLY, have no idea how things ever got accomplished before we had these devices. Yes, I have become completely dependent on technology, especially the type that fits in the palm of my hand, pocket or purse. I really, really don’t know how mom’s (or anyone) survived before these devices…they save my tush on the regular…Here are 5 Things that the iPhone does to make my life easier…
- Entertains my children at any given moment when I need to shop, talk or walk
- Educates my children when they want to “play a game”
- Text Messaging and Social Networking ensures that I keep in touch with grown humans and not just two little humans
- Notes (aka: lists)…I still make lists on the fridge (and counter on a pad of paper)…I ALWAYS forget them! Thankfully I put them in the trusty iPhone too!
- Maps: I would always get lost without maps at my disposal!
2. Amazon Subscribe & Save: There is nothing better than when something you REALLY NEED shows up on your doorstep right as you are about to run out! The best part…you get a really good discount! I use this service for several things, but it really has been a mom lifesaver when it comes to wipes, diapers/pullups! If you don’t do this you really should; makes mom-life easier and cheaper!
3. ThredUp.com: If you haven’t heard about his and you are a mommy of little ones that are growing WAY TOO FAST (like my Princesses P), then you are about to be super happy! This amazing company will send you a postage paid bag to fill up with all the clothes that your kiddo has grown out of AND then they PAY you for those cute threads! You can either cash out or you can get new clothes on their site in exchange. WHY DIDN’T I THINK OF THIS?? AND…why don’t they have this for grown ups??? Maybe I’m on to something? In all honesty, I have sent several bags in and have cashed out without disappointment. Seriously, try it…nothing to lose but space those little clothes are taking up!
4. Less Is More: I have never been one to live by this rule. I love stuff. I love to shop. I love a deal. I love to get LOTS of things for LITTLE money. Now that I’m a mom and a wife in a very modest size home (that we own and love), I have learned the lesson that LESS is MORE! The more I have, the more I have to keep up which means the less time I have for things I want to do. I would really recommend sticking to the rule that if you haven’t worn it in a year, pass it on to someone who will love it (ie: donate, garage sale or consign). If you are keeping it because it belonged to someone else, but you don’t love it, pass it on…etc…life is busy enough without being consumed by stuff and maintaining it.
5. Wine: I really think this one explains itself. If you are not one to consume alcoholic beverages, I only say this because a glass of wine is good for health (scientifically proven) and I find it to relax me when dealing with the craziness that comes with this TOOT SWEET life.